The most romantic date of the year is approaching and most people are still at home because of the pandemic. This is a very different scenario for those who have the habit of going to restaurants and bars on Valentine’s Day, but let’s look at the positive side: it can be a great opportunity to create unforgettable memories with the person you love, even at home.
From a schedule that lasts all day, to occasional situations and gifts, creativity and inspiration will go hand in hand to make this June 12th special and full of affection – main seasoning hahaha. If you, like me, are still confused about how or what to do, don’t worry! A week is enough to get organized, and I believe the ideas below can help a lot:
Even before the day actually starts, decorating the house can be a surprise or activity together to make the environments more romantic and special. Elements such as candles, flowers and aromas are able to completely change the atmosphere, so choose the favorite color of the loved one or those that refer to the celebration, such as Marsala, red and pink; and add these items around the house. In addition, rescue photos of you, make notes with messages of affection and love, and place them at strategic points, so that throughout the day you can visit memories and be surprised by the statements. All this makes the day more fun and will be essential to complement the ideas that will come next!
BREAKFAST IN BED
This surprise is never outdated! Who doesn’t like to be surprised with a good breakfast in bed when they wake up? Well, I love it rsss Start by choosing a tray you have at home and then the foods and drinks your partner likes to consume most in the morning. Organize in a way that is comfortable to eat and also visually interesting, plates and bowls will help a lot in this part. Some suggestions for the menu:
- Toast, bread, croissant, cheese bread;
- Scrambled or poached eggs;
- Fruit with cereal and yogurt;
- Jelly, butter, curd;
- Coffee, milk, cappuccino, fruit juice.
Don’t forget to include the cutlery you will need and napkins. To finish, place a small arrangement of flowers or paper hearts on the tray to decorate.
Movies and series have been good allies in the quarantine to pass the time, but for Valentine’s Day, make a different preparation for the cinema session to be very romantic:
- choose the most comfortable place and take advantage of the chill to spread out blankets and pillows;
- leave the environment dark;
- illuminate indirectly with a string of light or candles;
- choose a delicate aroma to sprinkle in the space (without exaggeration);
- prepare popcorn and a creamy hot chocolate – it warms any heart <3
After that, all you have to do is choose a movie together that you like a lot and PLAY the session! With a few details, something so simple can become a delicious moment…
We come to the favorite part of the date: dinner! There’s no denying it, dinner with the ones we love is very good and always yields incredible conversations and memories. As this year we won’t be able to go to the establishments in person, for those who don’t like to cook or who don’t give up the food of their favorite restaurant, delivery is the perfect way out. However, everything can get more interesting when the companions decide to cook together and, thinking about it, I selected a menu to make with more than two hands rsss Check it out:
A classic not to be missed is to assemble a cheese board to serve before dinner or during the preparation of the main course. Then choose a wooden board or beautiful plate to arrange the pieces, then arrange from the softest to the strongest cheese. To finish, place the accompaniments around the cheeses such as jellies, chestnuts, breads, olive oil, peppers, fruits and sausages. As it is for an intimate dinner with a few people, 3 types of cheese do the trick; Just choose the one you prefer:
– Fresh: Minas Frescal, Ricotta, Cream Cheese
– Soft: Brie, Camembert, Mozzarella, Goat Cheese
– Semi-hard: Provolone, Gruyere, Gouda, Cheddar, Emmental
– Firms: Grana Padano, Parmesan
– Blues: Stilton, Gorgonzola, Roquefort
- Main course:
I looked for an easy, tasty recipe that smells like the gods: Sicilian Lemon Risotto with Parma Crunchy . As much as the preparation involves many steps, believe me, the risotto is ready in just 30 minutes and yields 4 servings! Write it down:
– 1 vegetable broth tablet
– 1 liter of water
– 2 cup (tea) of arboreal rice
– 1 large or medium onion
– 4 tablespoons of butter (with or without salt)
– 1 cup (tea) of white wine
– juice of 2 lemons
– 1 cup (tea) of grated Parmesan cheese
– salt to taste
– slices of Parma ham to dehydrate
Method of preparation:
- Put 1 liter of water in a pan until it boils;
- When the water is boiling, lower the heat and add the vegetable broth, without turning off the heat;
- Stir until the broth dissolves;
- In another pan, place 2 tablespoons of butter and turn on the heat (medium) until it melts;
- Add the diced onion to the pan with the butter and mix until the onion is very shiny;
- Then add the 2 cups of arborio rice and mix well;
- Increase the heat until it is high and add the white wine, stir well until it evaporates;
- Add 1 ladle of the water with the vegetable stock to the pan with the rice, stir well until most of the water has evaporated;
- Add 1 ladle of water again, until it evaporates, and stir the rice well;
- Add 1 ladle of water for the third time, in the same way as the other times;
- After this process, add half of the lemon juice to the pan with rice and stir well;
- Again, add 1 ladle of water with the vegetable stock to the rice, stirring until the water evaporates;
- Add 1 more ladle, stir and add another ladle of water after it evaporates;
- Pour the rest of the lemon juice and stir well until it evaporates;
- After that, add 3 more ladles of water with vegetable broth to the rice, always stirring and waiting for the water to evaporate, as in the last few times;
- Repeat the process until the rice is at the desired point, then add the grated cheese and salt to taste;
- Turn off the heat and place the 2 tablespoons of butter in the rice, mix the butter;
- Let the risotto rest for 5 minutes and add lemon zest for garnish (optional).
The secret of risotto is not to stop stirring and, for Parma, just stretch its thin slices under two sheets of paper towel, put it in the microwave for two minutes, remove, cool, break it in your hand and add it to the finished risotto. Too easy! Serve immediately and leave a pepper shaker with black pepper on the table. Fish and seafood go very well with this dish, for those who want a protein to go with it 😉
To sweeten the night of the lovers, a super tasty chocolate fondue! Select marshmallows and your favorite fruits, wash them and then prepare the fondue. You will need:
– 200 gr of milk chocolate – 100 gr of semisweet
– 200 ml of milk
– 1 tablespoon of cognac – optional
Then just take a pan (it can be the one for fondue), melt all the chocolate, add the cream and brandy. The important thing is NOT to use that fire container that comes with the fondue pot, as it burns the chocolate. Use a very low candle, just to keep the chocolate warm and voilà, you’re ready to enjoy!
The ideal is to choose the drink that best harmonizes with your menu, but the classic of the date is undoubtedly wine. In the case of the menu above, to enjoy the cheese board and the chocolate fondue, the red will be perfect and, to accompany the risotto, a good white wine. Don’t forget to always leave a glass of water available and, for those who are not a fan of pure wine itself, you can make delicious drinks with it, HERE you can find a delicious recipe for Sangria, for example.
- The place:
We already know what it will be like at home, but to innovate, how about looking for a new environment to set up this dinner? The balcony, the garden or even the coffee table in the living room, where you can eat sitting on the floor in Japanese style, are different ways to enjoy the menu. Of course, the traditional dining table with a beautiful decoration will always be an ace up my sleeve.
The gifts made by ourselves are already special by themselves on that date, as they show dedication, affection and are still personalized. Take advantage of Pinterest, for example, to extract DIY ideas like:
– write a letter by hand (how long you haven’t done that, huh?);
– set up a guessing game about the relationship to play together;
– make a box with 365 notes that contain messages to improve mood, statements, motivational phrases, for the person to read one a day, for a year – this one is for those who are inspired, right hahaha;
– create a wall with old photos, texts about the present and post-its with future plans;
– Create a schedule of the series that they would like to watch together and, whenever they are finished, check the table and also exchange souvenirs.
Are you physically separated from the one you love? Well, it’s still possible to send a gift you made yourself, or have a meal delivered, which can be pretty cool. Choose your favorite food and, when you get to the person’s house, have dinner together via videoconference, technology helps, and A LOT, at this stage!
I wish a beautiful Valentine’s Day to all the lovers <3