Putting yellow in your living room is to infuse it with a little joy and optimism! Yellow can be very warm, soft, or radiant. To wake up your living room, just a few decorative sun touches; a sofa, a cushion, an armchair, a section of wall … we tell you everything!
What yellow to use in a living room?
If yellow has long been shunned in interior decoration, it will be a few years since it returned with great fanfare to the front of the stage, and that we find it in all the rooms of the house, the entrance to the bedroom through … the living room!
It is true that yellow is a color that seems ideal for a living room: solar and bright, it has no equal for warming the atmosphere and bringing warmth, which is perfect in a friendly room like the living room !
But be careful with the shade of yellow you choose for your living room; indeed, it is very important to choose a yellow suitable for the room he is going to dress! So, to avoid tiring your eyes and getting bored quickly, it is advisable to bet on rather soft shades of yellow, especially if you want to cover the walls, such as topaz yellow, mimosa yellow, yellow fresh butter, nanking yellow, mars yellow or sulfur yellow.
How to use yellow in the decoration of a living room?
It’s a fact: a color as vibrant as yellow is ideal for energizing a room and infusing it with joy and good humor. However, there are still some precautions to take if you want a yellow decor in your living room, including:
- Avoid using yellow as a total look on the walls of a living room (unless it is a very light shade). The good idea ? Paint a section of wall in yellow , or cover only one wall in the living room in yellow , and leave the others white. If the yellow is really bright, it will stand out and it will create a superb contrast!
- If you like well-toned yellows (lemon yellow, chick yellow, golden yellow, chrome yellow, etc.), you can punctuate your living room with the shade of your choice, by small touches; with for example a sofa, an armchair, or yellow decorative accessories .
Good to know : yellow is a color that visually enlarges the space and creates an impression of grandeur. If your living room is quite narrow and you want to give an impression of space, do not hesitate, and fall for the yellow on the walls !
What colors to associate yellow with?
Although it is a strong color and full of character, yellow is ultimately rather easy to combine, and it matches with many colors and can adapt to almost any style:
- If you want to create a modern and contemporary atmosphere in your living room, you can easily combine yellow with more neutral colors like white, gray or black. The rendering will be up to date and very elegant!
- For a more classic style, don’t hesitate to combine yellow with red and green, for a little Provence house feel that smells like the holidays!
- For a maximum of pep’s, you can dare the orange and yellow duo but in small doses rather than on the walls.
- To create an exotic and exotic atmosphere in your living room, consider associating yellow with turquoise blue or chartreuse green.
- The yellow-black-red trio creates an urban and contemporary atmosphere.